To apply for this position, please visit our career page at:
Performs a variety of engineering office and field duties with a high degree of technical knowledge, initiative, supervisory ability and independent judgment.
- Create and maintain GIS database
- Locate facilities with GPS.
- Perform complex GIS analysis and special studies.
- Maintain and document GIS procedures and quality control standards.
- Train and support District staff in GIS use.
- Maintain Engineering Databases
- Represent District at meetings with other agencies.
- Protect District’s rights-of-way and easements.
- Prepare legal descriptions, agreements and easements.
- Cost estimate projects.
- Perform pipeline surveys
- Prepare annual crop report and groundwater report.
- Perform special projects and serve as liaison.
- Research agreement files.
- Review encroachments and prepare response letters.
- Make field inspections
-Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Civil or Agricultural Engineering
-One year related technical GIS experience
-Competent in SQL, Python, .NET, and other programming languages to support GIS.