The GIS System administrator is responsible for the testing, monitoring, and maintenance of a Geospatial Information System (GIS) utilized within a large DoD organization. The GIS provides exploitation and visualization services associated with a broad array of standard and non-standard geographic products. These products include (but not limited to) raster and vector-based map products, digital terrain data, charts, and various safety of navigation data.
The GIS administrator will monitor and maintain the various applications utilized, specifically ArcGIS and geoserver. This includes the management and validation of the data. Issues with applications and/or data should be corrected or elevated to the appropriate team for resolution. The position includes the responsibility for interfacing with all customers of the GIS system including both geospatial data publishers and internal/external consumers.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of industry GIS tool suites to include Geoserver and ArcGIS server.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of publishing web services from spatial databases (including Oracle Spatial and PostGIS).
- Understanding of open source GIS protocols (OGC Standards - WMS, WFS, WCS).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft tool suite including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Professional certification(s) in GIS.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in GIS Administration and testing.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in NGA-specific GIS Administration and testing.
- 3 years of GIS administration experience working with NGA and mission partner programs.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI POLY Eligible
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Profile:
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, BAE Systems, Inc. employs approximately 32,000 in the United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, and Israel, and generated 2016 sales of $10 billion. BAE Systems, Inc. provides support and service solutions for current and future defense, intelligence, and civilian systems; designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of electronic systems and subsystems for both military and commercial applications; produces specialized security and protection products; and designs, develops, produces, and provides service support of armored combat vehicles, artillery systems, and munitions.